The changing thickness of manuals
12-01-2022, 10:19 AM
RE: The changing thickness of manuals
Hello!

(12-01-2022 04:22 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  ... instead of the manual style we all know & love?

Define "we" :-) I was so glad when instruction manuals in pdf format became standard some 10 years ago. Not only for calculators but for everything else as well, from digital cameras (my current one's manual has more than 1000 pages), cars, hard-disk receivers to software packages. My favorite video editing software "DaVinci Resolve" comes with a "beginners guide" that already has 470 pages - so far I did not even bother to download the full manual because I will never find the time to work my way through it.

My bookshelves almost break through the floor from the weight of all those paper manuals (*) collected over several decades - and when I need to look something up quickly I usually am totally lost.
On my iPad it takes me 5 seconds to pick out the right manual and another 10 to find the page that I need.

I do not want paper manuals. Never ever again. I am sure that there are comprehensive manuals for your newly acquired calculators on the manufacturers sites in pdf format that go far beyond those folded paper sheets.

Regards
Max

(*) Plus the weight of all the dust that has been deposited on top of all the manuals ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The changing thickness of manuals - Maximilian Hohmann - 12-01-2022 10:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)