[VA] SRC #012e - Then and Now: Roots
03-01-2023, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2023 01:03 AM by Valentin Albillo.)
RE: [VA] SRC #012e - Then and Now: Roots
Hi, Jean-François,

(02-28-2023 09:08 AM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  This has been a difficult problem for me (at different levels) that seems so simple to solve when reading Valentin's solution.

It wasn't nearly as "impossible" as some came to believe, and the suggested equivalent formula was readily found in Wikipedia, among other places. But I concede that it seemed difficult and the subject matter was probably deemed heavy math and thus unappealing to most current denizens of the forum. As I said, we're not in the old forum anymore.

But at least you did succeed in providing a correct solution, the only one who did (as the usual suspects stayed mum this time,) and I thank you for it because I hate it when one of my challenges gets unanswered, a dry run, as it's happened a very few times.

Incoming Problem 6 will be the hardest of the lot but boasting a very different kind of "hardness" as compared to this previous Problem 5: it'll be appreciably lighter on the math but harder on the programming, for variety.

If you also succeed in solving it, I'll officially declare you the "winner" of this one-of-a-kind SRC #12 ! (not that it was a contest of sorts ... Smile Smile )

Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC #012e - Then and Now: Roots - Valentin Albillo - 03-01-2023 12:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)