A very noteworthy HP-15C mention
04-21-2023, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2023 08:05 AM by EdS2.)
RE: A very noteworthy HP-15C mention
(Edit: oops, this might come across as harsh and personal - it's not intended that way.)

(04-21-2023 07:09 AM)floppy Wrote:  My thoughts/acting are following (I dont say what others have to do): read / understand / ask a question / feedback if I think I could see a flaw (most of the people accept a friendly question which lead to a self flaw discovery).
Sharing the link from my side was not an announcement it was done. Just an advice a try was there.
Unfortunately, you found a bad thing in a bad place: mathematicians and scientists need to protect themselves against crackpots, of which there are very many. The time needed to understand and counterargue is time wasted - and time is precious. So the best thing to do is to move on as quickly as you can. The skill that's needed is a form of memetic hygiene - beware of which ideas you spend your precious time on. Being open minded can be good, learning new things is good, but you do have to be careful.

Also unfortunately, we now have a sidetrack below an interesting post, about computing zeros of the Riemann Zeta function, and about early computing compared to HP calculators, and about Alan Turing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A very noteworthy HP-15C mention - EdS2 - 04-21-2023 07:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)