Casio FP-602 and the FP-10 printer
04-23-2023, 06:05 AM
RE: Casio FP-602 and the FP-10 printer
The Casio part number for FP-10 paper is CMP-36x5.

36 was for 36mm wide (1-25/64") and had 5 rolls per box. Each roll was right at 1 inch (25.4mm) diameter.

The paper also fit the Casio HR-10. (plain -10, there were -10C and -10RC, but use different paper)

Not to promote "expenseBay" and I have no association with the sellers, but if you search CMP36x5 you will see several active offers: 144930882742, 354602101166. I haven't checked blama-your-check-book-zon. Not to bad-mouth them, have often got exceptional deals, but seems just as often you'd go broke shopping there.

The listing number 144930882742 "Lot of 2 Rolls of Casio Calculator Roll Paper - CMP-36x5 - 5 Rolls *New Free S/H" has a confusing title. Verified with the seller it is actually 2 BOXES of 5 rolls (10 rolls total). Verified the quantity for the benefit of an out of USA party. I will not be buying the paper. Its been long enough ago the non-USA party should have made a purchase by now, if interested.

There are current manufacturers of electrosensitive paper in India and Switzerland. Am trying to get info on their products. One is a medical provider, so likely it'll be an arm, leg and kitchen sink price per roll. But don't have prices yet.

I assume it will likely take weeks to get things figured out. But hoping to purchase some paper. As an informational item it appears various sizes are available:
57mm: number of Sharp products
60mm: Olivetti Divisumma 18/28, Sinclair ZX
8.5" (216mm): TI "teletype"-silent terminals and Apple SilentWriter (or whatever it was called). The Apple device printed an 8" line, but actually used 8.5" paper.

If anything develops, definately will post on this site and pass along the info to various individuals.

Interestingly (don't recall all details) numerous products from early FAX units, computer, medical, lab instrumentation to .... (old gaming products?) used electrosensitive paper. Searching for electrosensitive paper often fails. However, if you search by vendor product name and/or paper size sometimes get you something. Try searches in inches and metric measurements (not specifying paper type). For example if you want 3" paper, you need to search for 3", 76mm, 76.5mm or 77mm. Depending on the vendor 3" could be listing as 3 different sizes in metric.

Hopefully, that helps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Casio FP-602 and the FP-10 printer - Duane Hess - 04-23-2023 06:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)