Some rechargeable N-Cells I have used in my 41c over the years
04-27-2023, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2023 09:18 AM by Chr Yoko.)
RE: Some rechargeable N-Cells I have used in my 41c over the years
I am currently using a smaller set of NiMh cells into my 41CL, but they last 3 weeks about....

Pikcell 2/3 AAA 400mAh

Issue is that i usually lose all my 41CL parameters if the cells depleted completely.
Also there is no more "battery low" warning from the 41.
Therefore that is a pretty not so convenient solution.

Those 2/3 AAA are also kind a pain to recharge as they are too short to fit into my multi-charger, so i need to put 3 small round magnets onto their negative pole to be able to charge them under a low current condition (300mA).

Also i had to put some electric tape around each one so they do not rattle into the 41.
Last be not least from time to time one cell is falling below 1V and needs to be put back to life or it would not recharge at all. I then apply 1,5V from a battery or a DC power source between its 2 poles. That issue may also happen with the N types NiMh.

So i just ordered from Ali a set of 8 of those 750mAh Pickel N type NiMh cells.
Thanks for the tip, will see how they behave and report it here.

Best would be to develop a proper NCM Lithium based battery pack including an USB-C charging port and its buck/boost converter to the 41 required 6V.
I saw already such DIY projects. I may look at it also in the future.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some rechargeable N-Cells I have used in my 41c over the years - Chr Yoko - 04-27-2023 08:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)