Using casio fx-CG500 as a Digital Diary ??
05-10-2023, 03:01 AM
RE: Using casio fx-CG500 as a Digital Diary ??
(05-09-2023 05:08 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I can second the Psion Organiser II if you want to go old-school. They're very sturdy little machines. You will need a few Datapaks and a UV EPROM eraser to make the most of it, though.

Other relatively current options I can think of:

- TI-89 Titanium with the Organizer, NoteFolio, and CellSheet apps (and the external keyboard courtesy of ebay, though the kickstand case for the 84/89Ti is a little tougher to find)
- Casio fx-CG50, fx-9750GIII, fx-9860 (any version), etc. - No dedicated organizer apps, but there's a spreadsheet, and you can use e-Activity or an add-in text editor to store notes
- An iPod Touch (i.e. no cellular connection)
- A later-model Palm organizer (Tungsten T5, etc.)
- HP 50G - I remember running some simple organizer programs on my 49G back in high school, so that's probably an option here as well

Hello Dave,
I understand that Psion shoud have been my best option and if they were available new in 2023, I would have got one irrespective of its cost. Same goes for the iPod and Tungten T5.
yes, I am considering TI-89Ti as well.
fx-CG50 and other casio graphing calculators you mentioned won't have touch screen and stylus. So entering large volume of text could be a pain in the.
HP-50G I already have it and use it as my everyday engineering calculator. I wasn't aware of the organizer programs. Let me try finding one, defenitly I will try this option before buying a new device.
Thank you very much for your detailed reply.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using casio fx-CG500 as a Digital Diary ?? - Ask Mait - 05-10-2023 03:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)