Catalog of Contributed Programs?
05-23-2023, 04:51 PM
RE: Catalog of Contributed Programs?
Not that it's in any way the same, a good way to sample a few decent programs for the 65, 67 and 97 that you mightn't already know through the HP Solution Books, is to get the emulations of pre-41 (and Voyager) devices that are released by CuVee on iOS (they're more accurately described as simulations but the programs function as they should, although numerical results are based on floating point math).

The 67 and 97 are the stars of the show, but the developer included different program listings with each release so it's good to get all the programmable models can as they're available at a very low price. It's usually easy to adapt programs for the 65/67/97 generation calculators if you know what you're looking for. And if memory serves right, much as the developer has supercharged each calculator emulation with functions that didn't exist on the original models, this convenience feature (for users not familiar with the originals) is easily disabled. You also have the ability to run them at the original speed, which is useful where you'd need to be superhuman to catch 'interstitial' messaging with unclamped performance.

The important thing is that the program listings taken as a whole goes beyond the official HP Solutions books that one can now access via Eric's herculean scanning efforts. There's a very small number of 67/97 listings on the HP41-DVD, which I believe was once available for download via hpcalc.org, although maybe I'm thinking of that other site (Eric will correct me if I'm incorrect).

This obviously doesn't come close to the wealth of user programs HP archived, but it's something.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Catalog of Contributed Programs? - jonmoore - 05-23-2023 04:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)