OEIS featured in The New York Times
05-30-2023, 06:05 PM
RE: OEIS featured in The New York Times
I always enjoy Valentin's posts, so not I'm not certain how I missed this one.

I've been aware of OEIS for some time, mainly because of Mathematica and Maple listings, but it was nice to see Valentin's approach to that particular number sequence using the 71B. There's always something new to learn with the manner in which Valentin approaches things. Not that I've kept his program listing for adding them the missing trigonometric functions on any of my 12C's, I was totally transfixed whilst studying the listing.

I hadn't seen the NYT piece either. I used to get access via my Apple One subscription, but the NYT pulled out a few years back. Living in the UK and being a lifetime reader (and subscriber for most of it) of The Guardian, I wasn't going to pay the NYT directly for the privilege! The Washington Post has always been more my US newspaper taste anyway. Smile

On a separate note, concerning the JPC ROM. I've been tempted to download the compendiums of Paris Chapter 48 programs that Eric publishes on hpcalc.org. But there's no handy index (like the one for Joe's Goodies), so it would involve an awful lot of manual sifting. Does anyone know if there's anything worth investigating within the various discs that isn't already published on the rest of hpcalc.org?

No worries if not, it's just that I've read great things about the Paris chapter over the years.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OEIS featured in The New York Times - jonmoore - 05-30-2023 06:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)