Which systems support a COMPLEX data type?
07-11-2023, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2023 02:32 PM by Martin Hepperle.)
RE: Which systems support a COMPLEX data type?
(07-11-2023 01:26 PM)TomC Wrote:  I think it may be worth noting 'how' each of the machines support the complex data type.

Certainly on one end of the spectrum is the 'simulating type' - such as C1=CPXMUL(C2,C3); and on the other end of the spectrum is the manner in which the HP48 and HP42 handle it - ie one complex value is one stack item.

Somewhere between these two is the manner in which the HP15C handles it - using two stack locations for the real and imaginary components. Others (32, 35s...) may be of this type too; I have not studied them.

I don't mean to nitpick here, but these machine mechanisms are very different and hence algorithm usage would be very different.

Thank you,
TomC

What I had in mind was a specific type for Complex variables. So maybe the 15C was not a good example.
For example The 33S and 35S show on a single stack level something like 12.5i6 and one can apply the SIN key directly to this value.

In a program this would simply require replacing REAL variables with COMPLEX variables, otherwise the program should be the same.

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which systems support a COMPLEX data type? - Martin Hepperle - 07-11-2023 02:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)