Introduction and RPN calculator advice
08-17-2023, 03:05 PM
RE: Introduction and RPN calculator advice
I agree with Steve. I had a 33s in college and a 50G. In the semester before my last year the EE department decided to not allow any graphing calculators in class for quizzes or exams. Also for any engineers to get licensed the FE/PE require the usage of a scientific calculator so I put the 50g in my bag (for moral support) and used the 33s which worked well for my needs and had a functional rec->polar and polar->rec conversions and some small programming ability. After college working in the field as an engineer (my 33s died back in 2009?) I got the 35s which I used to take and pass the FE/PE.

Now my daily driver is the DM42. To me it's amazing. I can write programs on computer or on the calc and I can backup the entire calculator memory to my spare I keep in my backpack. I write a lot of time-saving programs for work (sometimes simpler than using Mathcad) and also a folder of financial solvers (the good old engineering economics equations such as Uniform Series Sinking Fund, etc.).

I love that Swiss Micros keeps coming out with useful calculators. I own a DM15L, (2) DM42s and I would if they would continue to make additional functional RPN calculators.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introduction and RPN calculator advice - jgharris - 08-17-2023 03:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)