Plus42 with string and list functions in the equation language
08-19-2023, 06:22 AM
RE: Plus42 with string and list functions in the equation language
(08-19-2023 01:46 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Wow, some very serious extensions, Thomas has indeed been a busy bee...

Enabling equations to call RPN programs and vice-versa provides new levels of versatility and flexibility.

I'm not sure with all these enhancements it's way simpler than RPL, but what is still true is you don't need to use all the complexity unless you need/want it, and that is a big advantage over RPL.
Calling Equations from RPN programs (in an performant way, with pre-parsing of equations, unlike the 32SII and 35S) and calling RPN programs from equations have been there from the first release of Plus42. What's new from yesterday is string and list support.

The big advantage over RPL is that you don't have to manage an infinite stack with DOP, OVER, ROLL... I always felt that with RPL you spend more time wondering what's on the stack than focusing on your algorithm!

And indeed, you don't have to use all this power. You can stick to simple equations. Or to the 27S/19B paradigm, just using L() and G(). Or enjoy user-defined functions, structured loops and full indirect adressing offered by Plus42. Or be crazy, and push the system to the limits, like I do - I could even emulate passing parameters with reference rather than value!

By the way, Bob, I'm still waiting for DMPlus42 Tongue

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 with string and list functions in the equation language - Vincent Weber - 08-19-2023 06:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)