Thread: hp-41cx / NoV-64d / Hepax XF multi-function
09-07-2023, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2023 01:09 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
RE: Thread: hp-41cx / NoV-64d / Hepax XF multi-function
(09-07-2023 11:31 AM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  
(09-07-2023 11:09 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  What ClonixConfig version did you used ? (v4.2 2014 or v6.1 2020)
What firmware version did you used ? (pre 2020 bank switching strategy or the new one)
I am using ClonixConfig 6.1, and the firmware that more or less automatically loads, this is NoVRAM-H. The source seems to have a fix to a bankswitching issue.
Actually just tried XFA and HEPAX prompting functions in PRGM mode, and these show the same erratic behavior.
Hello Meindert,

Thanks for the reply and for the in-depth analysis that you did.

After my article on HP-41C Bank Switching Schemes in 2020,
Häkan started an email discussion with Diego, Monte, Ángel, Robert and I, regarding NoV/Clonix page 4 bank switching scheme issues with new ROM images.
Unfortunately I do not think that you were included in the exchange, but I remember having validated with you the MLDL2000 bank switching scheme.

Historically page 4 was only used for take-over ROM and for the IL printer disabled mode,
then Ángel started to use it for his Library4,
then Monte followed with his own page 4 library
and of course, Ángel came back with a bank switched page 4 library.
This last step broke the Clonix/NoV bank switching scheme.

In the original PIC code, a bank switch request were switching all the pages at the same time, the ones that was under the control of the Clonix/NoV module of course.
The new PIC code (2020+) follow the more common way, system pages (0...7) are individually switched and port pages (8...15) are port switched.

HEPAX 1D was made 1987/88, do not use page 4 bank switching, use bank switching (4 banks) and page remapping. [works with all 41 OS]
Ángel's HEPAX 4H is fairly new, use page 4 (LIB4) and use bank switching (4 banks), but not sure if t has page remapping. [only works with a CX OS based calc, I think]

I cannot do it right now, but I will load and test HEPAX 1D with the old and new page switching firmware tonight (UTC-4h) and will come back with the results.

Sylvain

Edit: I did a fast test,
"HEPAX 1D" with pre-2020 NoV firmware works, but
"HEPAX 1D" with 2020+ NoV firmware has the issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thread: hp-41cx / NoV-64d / Hepax XF multi-function - Sylvain Cote - 09-07-2023 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)