HP 48 Series -- interseries compatibility?
10-04-2023, 06:33 PM
RE: HP 48 Series -- interseries compatibility?
(10-03-2023 03:25 PM)Giuseppe Donnini Wrote:  You should give the following programs by the late and great John H. Meyers a try:

https://www.hpcalc.org/details/2889

Although written in User RPL, they provide nearly equivalent (and identically named) S/SX versions of the list processing commands introduced with the G/GX.

That's beautiful; I'll try adding those tonight.

I guess I am closer than I thought.

Anyone else here know what CRS disease is? Because I definitely have it! On my lunch break today, I remembered: the 48 series has IR ports! (Where's the dunce cap emoji, now?)

So I just transferred everything directly from my daily driver 48g to my "new" 48s. Most of what I've transferred Just Works (hooray!), and those that don't are simply giving "Unknown XLIB" errors, which don't seem harmful, just "I don't know what to do here." I will bet that adding in Mr. Meyers' implementation of the missing operations will get me to the 90-95% point.

All that would be left from there is to write functions to add/subtract/otherwise-apply a scalar to a list, and add in the hooks to access those, and I'll probably be at the 99% point. (There's no doubt I'll miss something... no telling what until I trip over it and do a face plant.)

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 48 Series -- interseries compatibility? - johnb - 10-04-2023 06:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)