Please can you beta-test this unusual Free42 skin
11-04-2023, 08:17 PM
RE: Please can you beta-test this unusual Free42 skin
I realize activity in this thread has effectively ceased now that there are only subtle things left to fix (possibly only by Thomas), but I figured I'd put the latest versions in post #1 and update everybody with progress.

If anybody using the desktop app has found my smallest skin (the "402_D" one) to be too big for their display then please let me know and I'll make an even smaller one. This may be the case when using e.g. an older laptop with not so great resolution.

Since the last release I've focused almost exclusively on validating hot-keys on the 3 desktop platforms. I was finally able to get my hands on a Linux and Windows machine and I fixed many hot-key bugs in those worlds (as well as a couple Mac ones). In the skin graphics I removed a highlight around COMPLEX (⇧/) as it doesn't bring up a menu, and I also changed the text above the π button from CONST to CONSTANT.

As of today's version, the currently known bug list is:

PHONE:
none
MAC:
none
LINUX:
⇧Space hot-key doesn't work
The numeric pad works irrespective of the state of Num_Lock :-), but its hot-keys for Shift Add/Subtract/Multiply/Divide don't work
The F10 hot-key (not really critical) doesn't work because it brings up the app's local menu for manual, vs mouse, navigation. A system preference setting is likely the cause.
WINDOWS:
⌥m hot-key doesn't work (it brings up the "About Free42..." dialog box instead)
The numeric pad is ONLY useful if Num_Lock is ON, and even then it still doesn't work quite right :-(
- If Shift is depressed while you press any of 0→9 or "." then associated hot-key does not work.
- If Shift is depressed while you press any other numeric pad key then associated hot-key does work.

I'm still working with Thomas to fix these bugs if possible (no promises). He is the ONLY reason the Mac version is bug free (for which I am eternally grateful)! Note that, for now, the graphical documentation for the Windows/Linux numeric pad area assumes no bugs - that may have to change...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please can you beta-test this unusual Free42 skin - MickM - 11-04-2023 08:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)