Does the new 15c ce utilise IEEE754 floats?
11-12-2023, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2023 09:55 PM by Commie.)
RE: Does the new 15c ce utilise IEEE754 floats?
(11-09-2023 07:42 PM)Werner Wrote:  The 15CE uses essentially the same ROM as the original 15C, with a few bugs fixed, but running on new hardware, many times faster. All algorithms and number formats etc are the same.
In that case, there doesn't appear to be a problem, it's just that I read some where that swissmicros were using the 128 bit IEEE745 fl.pnt and masking of the lower digits so that the numerical errors are not seen. The reason bcd is used is because it is transparent to i/o i.e., the keyboard input and the output display, require no coding or rom tables to make an approximation.

Assuming that the ARM cpu is emulating the NUT cpu and running original code, I agree, there should be no problem so long as the emulation is good.

Next up, the keyboard, non responsive and double key clicks are noticeable, this is not due to a poor quality keyboard but rather the software debounce code is set too fast.

And lastly, I purchased a ti30 pro mathprint calculator with my hp15c ce and the numerical integrator and solver are just as good as the hp but the ti 30 costs 1/6th the price of the hp 15c ce.True, if it had been the year 1982 the hp15c would have been a game changer, but it is 2023 now and the competition has caught up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the new 15c ce utilise IEEE754 floats? - Commie - 11-12-2023 09:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)