A security cradle cleaning question (restoring case to its original cream colour)
04-03-2024, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2024 05:14 PM by aurelio.)
RE: A security cradle cleaning question (restoring case to its original cream colour)
(04-03-2024 01:35 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Yes, it's a melamine sponge that "magically" removes stains. Get it wet, first. Also, you should probably cover the red lens with some masking tape as the Eraser/sponge is rather abrasive.

Yes, I tried it time ago with a calculator, but it didn't help, so much so that i fixed it cleaning the case with the hydrogen peroxide bath.
I think that the sponge is indicated, as you also wrote, for stains, that is, for local problems, but here, as for calculators, it is a matter of removing the yellowing of the entire surface.
For the cradle I guess doing the same job, covering the lens, with paper tape, to avoid contact with the liquid, since it is not easy to remove: it seems glued.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A security cradle cleaning question (restoring case to its original cream colour) - aurelio - 04-03-2024 05:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)