RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S
04-16-2024, 09:37 PM
RE: RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S
(04-16-2024 06:43 PM)bxparks Wrote:  I am changing the appearance of the RPN83P menus so that a MenuFolder is displayed with a small line above the box, so that it looks like a file folder icon. This makes the menus look like the HP-48 series, instead of the HP-42S. Here's a screenshot:

If anyone has strong objections, this would be the time to raise them, before I spend multiple days updating the 400-500 screenshots of those menus in various documents. It is possible to make this configurable with MODE options (a "42S-style" or a "48-style"), but I'm not seeing any downsides to the 48-style menus, so I would prefer to avoid a MODE option for this.

Funny story: I had seen screenshots of the HP-48 series for 20+ years, and I never knew what those little lines meant. Until 1-2 months ago, when I realized that those are file folder icons.

I would be surprised if anyone complained since it just makes it obvious that it is a Menu Folder rather than just a command. It would have been nice to have this feature on the HP-42S but I suspect they didn't have space on the limited LCD.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S - Steve Simpkin - 04-16-2024 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)