RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S
04-17-2024, 06:19 PM
RE: RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S
(04-16-2024 06:43 PM)bxparks Wrote:  I am changing the appearance of the RPN83P menus so that a MenuFolder is displayed with a small line above the box, so that it looks like a file folder icon.

If anyone has strong objections, this would be the time to raise them, before I spend multiple days updating the 400-500 screenshots of those menus [...] It is possible to make this configurable with MODE options [...], but I'm not seeing any downsides to the 48-style menus, so I would prefer to avoid a MODE option for this.

I see no reason for the option, either. Why would you _want_ to not see the difference? BTW, I think this is definitely a worthwhile change. I like the fact that the difference is subtle but obvious, and I always found the on screen menus of the 48-series to be pretty intuitive.

(04-16-2024 06:43 PM)bxparks Wrote:  Funny story: I had seen screenshots of the HP-48 series for 20+ years, and I never knew what those little lines meant. Until 1-2 months ago, when I realized that those are file folder icons.

I think this must be an occupational hazard with scientists, engineers, and technical types. We see what others don't, but sometimes miss the obvious. Either that, or it's a built-in "feature" of our personality type. My own canonical example is that I've liked "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" since my teen years (in the 1970s), but it wasn't until a dozen years ago when I was writing a funny response to someone and called them "a filthy English Knnn--nigit!" that I realized they were just grossly mispronouncing "knight!"

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S - johnb - 04-17-2024 06:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)