Can Swift Playgrounds create Apps on Apple Ipads?
04-29-2024, 01:38 AM
RE: Can Swift Playgrounds create Apps on Apple Ipads?
(04-29-2024 01:01 AM)BruceH Wrote:  
(04-27-2024 08:16 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  Only the Mac Mini 2018 and later are officially supported to run Sonoma. In order to run it on older models, you'll need the OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

Sorry: I did a quick search on eBay and found a listing that claimed to be a 2012 running Sonoma - must have been a faked display. :-(

Not necessarily. I can see several 2012s advertised as running Sonoma, and the listings I looked at all specifically mention having used OpenCore Legacy Patcher (or abbreviated as OCLP) to install it. So that looks legit.

But before buying one like that in order to run the latest Xcode, I'd ask on the Apple Developer Forum and/or Stack Overflow whether there are any problems with that kind of setup. IDEs and iOS simulators are the kinds of software that are among the most likely to misbehave or fail outright on an unsupported or third-party-patched platform. I'm not saying it won't work, I'd just recommend asking around before potentially wasting time and money on something that might not do what you need.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Swift Playgrounds create Apps on Apple Ipads? - Thomas Okken - 04-29-2024 01:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)