Can Swift Playgrounds create Apps on Apple Ipads?
04-29-2024, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2024 10:49 AM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Can Swift Playgrounds create Apps on Apple Ipads?
Hello!

(04-29-2024 07:52 AM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  From what I have seen, it should be possible to write code, but I wasn't sure if an app could be created. If it won't even write code, that is unexpected.

I am pretty certain that the problem I encountered is a bug that will be fixed any time soon. I didn't report the bug but with millions and millions of users, someone else has for sure.

(04-29-2024 07:52 AM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  Right now, I am glad I didn't buy an ipad yet.

The iPad (or maybe any similar tablet from another manufacturer) is one of the devices that I wouldn't want to miss. I have had an iPad since 13 years, my first one still works and the battery holds a good charge, but it can't run any recent email protocols or apps from the last maybe five years. But I still use it, there are lots of reference documents and books on it and of course many emulated calculators and some games. At work we have been using iPads as electronic flight bags (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_flight_bag) for many years and I will never ever go back to paper charts, flight documentation, weather charts and so on. It is just so much better on a tablet!

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Swift Playgrounds create Apps on Apple Ipads? - Maximilian Hohmann - 04-29-2024 10:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)