Can Swift Playgrounds create Apps on Apple Ipads?
04-29-2024, 08:44 PM
RE: Can Swift Playgrounds create Apps on Apple Ipads?
I have also used iPads for many years (now I have four of them). I was on vacation a week or so ago, and left all but one at home, powered off. I had deliberately refused to update my iPad mini because I had some essential (free) 32-bit apps on it, including Electronic Arts Boggle, which I have been playing for a long time. When I returned, I powered on my mini and somehow it updated the operating system (I wondered why it took so long to power up), and now Boggle (no longer in the App Store) is no longer working. Those sneaky people! Oh well, time to move on, I suppose.

I had reported in the past about a great calculator program called ND1 that I bought for my iPod Touch. It was like an HP48 or HP50 and allowed you to write programs RPL+ (extended RPL) and JavaScript, with another language (Golf) hinted at but not delivered. Unfortunately it is gone from the App store, and the website and forum was also gone for a while Naive Design - it went to another company - but I just found out that the website is back! Maybe (I hope) the work will continue on a very interesting calculator app.

Sometimes you find something you like, buy it and it later is no longer supported.

I still like my HP devices, though. For all the iOS and iPadOS devices I have, I never got into Apple Macs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Swift Playgrounds create Apps on Apple Ipads? - DGM - 04-29-2024 08:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)