To get out of stuck SHIFT KEY hp prime emulator on Mac
05-11-2024, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2024 02:01 AM by jte.)
RE: To get out of stuck SHIFT KEY hp prime emulator on Mac
I’ve noticed something like this in the past (and would describe it much as it was described here). I’ve created a related ticket on the bug tracker I’ve set up for the project.

The sequence of actions I found that can recreate an interaction like this is to release the ⌘ key (on the Mac keyboard) while the focus is not on the HP Prime application. An example sequence is as follows:
1. press and hold ⌘,
2. switch applications while ⌘ is held down (e.g., by using tab, or by clicking on an app in the dock)
3. release ⌘, (while in another application) and then
4. click on virtual keys in the HP Prime application — it now acts as though Shift is down even though ⌘ is not pressed and the ↑S indicator is not showing in the virtual HP Prime’s title bar.

However, the Shift key is still being drawn in a pressed state. (So there is some visual indication.) Clicking on it does not release it, but pressing and releasing ⌘ does.

I thought I’d write here to ask if there is another issue / sequence of interactions that lead to similar issues. (/ If an interaction can lead to the interface acting as though Shift is pressed without the Shift key being drawn in a pressed state.) (This can be recreated on the Windows version, but with the Ctrl key instead of the ⌘ key. I’ve also created a ticket suggesting that the ⌘ key not be used to control the virtual Shift key on macOS as Ctrl is a better choice on Macs for that.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To get out of stuck SHIFT KEY hp prime emulator on Mac - jte - 05-11-2024 06:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)