Are PIL-Boxes still available?
05-18-2024, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2024 03:29 PM by J-F Garnier.)
RE: Are PIL-Boxes still available?
First, I have to apologize for not answering to the PIL-Box requests in the last weeks, due to personal events that kept me away from my usual occupations and from this forum.

The good news is that a new PIL-Box batch is now available. I informed all people who contacted me in the last months.
It may be the last batch from me for a while, and I'm happy that to see that other people may propose an alternate solution. I'm in touch with Peter on this subject.

I presented my "HP-IL/serial" converter at Allschwil in 2008 and the PIL-Box has been available now for 15 years. This activity gave me a lot of satisfaction with PIL-Boxes shipped as far as Japan or Paraguay. But it's also a lot of work to manage the parts and the assembly, handle the shipping/filling of custom documents, go to the post office every couple of weeks, and I feel now that I don't have the same energy and motivation.

In any case, it's not the end of the PIL-Box.
From the beginning I offered the possibility of DIY PIL-Box at different levels: full component kit, programmed MCU only, or complete DIY using the documentation on the site. A few courageous guys did it successfully (one such fully DIY PIL-Box was on eBay recently).
I will update my site soon with the latest, up-to-date information.

J-F
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Are PIL-Boxes still available? - twoweims - 05-15-2024, 12:11 AM
RE: Are PIL-Boxes still available? - HP67 - 05-15-2024, 07:52 PM
RE: Are PIL-Boxes still available? - Karel - 05-17-2024, 11:21 AM
RE: Are PIL-Boxes still available? - J-F Garnier - 05-18-2024 03:27 PM
RE: Are PIL-Boxes still available? - Karel - 05-18-2024, 09:00 PM
RE: Are PIL-Boxes still available? - Karel - 06-20-2024, 10:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)