New (and compact) ZVC design.
05-19-2024, 09:16 PM
RE: New (and compact) ZVC design.
Hi Sylvain, Peter,

Thanks for your kind words. :-)

@Sylvain: I really appreciate your offer to send a ZEPROM for testing, however, I'm about to leave (back to the Canay Islands) in a couple of weeks, so chances are that it doesn't arrive on time.

Also, I don't have any previous experience programming ZEPROMs, hence I think I'd better send you one of the prototypes for you to evaluate whenever you have the time.

There's a small label at the back of the PCB: "ZVC Replica DD May 2024". Yep, not a great effort of imagination I'm afraid. Undecided

@Peter: As usual, the most difficult part is finding/purchasing modules to reuse the shells and (specially) the connector. More about that on a forthcoming thread.

I think in selling the populated board (tested) to those users who already have a spare module and the will/skills to solder the connector to the ZVC. This may go for about 40Eur including registered shipping as usual.

The assembled unit will be on the 80Eur mark. Again, registered shipping included.

Picture of the internals during assembly in the link below:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Qb6TARLuqJ8bq8Kt5

These are quite likely to be on That Auctions Site you all know.

Still pending a few electrical test, mainly AC noise, since (contrary to the HP-41 itself) the ZEPROM module does not have much filtering at its input (if any).

Best wishes.

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New (and compact) ZVC design. - Diego Diaz - 05-19-2024, 01:21 PM
RE: New (and compact) ZVC design. - PeterP - 05-19-2024, 07:06 PM
RE: New (and compact) ZVC design. - Diego Diaz - 05-19-2024 09:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)