HP35s Emulator for Android
05-23-2024, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2024 08:10 AM by Vincent Weber.)
RE: HP35s Emulator for Android
(05-23-2024 06:53 AM)Marco Polo Wrote:  This is a bad new.
I have had the 35s for many years and found it to be a good companion for the 50g.
After years of "indifference" i started digging through its features and found it better than my initial opinion. In particular I prefer its keyboard layout over the 32sII.
Ok, it does not have the appeal of the 15c or the DM32, its display can be better.
But the calculator does its job quite well, at least for my needs.
A connection to PC would have been useful, as well as an Android emulator.

The closest you will find, and which IMHO is much better than the 35S, is Plus42 (the paid version of Free42).

It combines all the features of the 42S and those of the 27S, and as in the 32SII and the 35S, you can use equations in programs. Equations are much more developped than those on the 35S: not only has it the conditionals and the definite loops of the 27S, but it also added read acess to the stack registers as in the 35S, plus unique features of its own, making it a real powerful programming language: C-STYLE FOR loop with BREAK and CONTINUE, calling functions with local parameters and full recursion, read and write acess to lists (which can contain any type of objets), matrix litterals, full string manipulation... You can use RPN programs in equations and vice-versa, the sky is the limit !

It does everything the 35S does, in a much better fashion: no drastic limits on complex numbers, full programmability a la 42S + local variables and stack-preserving functions with FUNC...will astronomic speed, inifite memory, full I/O to exchange DATA with smart copy and paste, big screen, units, directories, plotting, the rocks !

The only (small) thing the 35S does that it does not is fraction mode. I find it pretty useless anyway, and it is easy to write a program that will display a number as a fraction.

Give it a try !

Cheers,

Vincent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP35s Emulator for Android - Marco Polo - 05-22-2024, 04:56 PM
RE: HP35s Emulator for Android - DA74254 - 05-22-2024, 05:16 PM
RE: HP35s Emulator for Android - Vincent Weber - 05-23-2024 08:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)