Introduction and RPN calculator advice
05-30-2024, 06:50 AM
RE: Introduction and RPN calculator advice
(04-04-2024 06:09 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  
(04-04-2024 02:16 PM)Rafa Wrote:  Hi everyone,

my lovely gf heard me a couple of time raving about the build quality, feel, and design aesthetic of hp calculators (i own the humble hp 20s) and got me an hp 35s as a birthday present.
I've read little about it but enough to know that it is somehow discounted from the conversation when people talk about hp calculators, but this is another subject.
It is my first RPN calculator and i got at first intrigued by the beautiful fluidity then recognised the benefits of intermediate answers and the fact that i'm actively participating in the calculation and thinking about it as i'm keying it in a sort of back and forth between me and the calculator which is doing the hard bit. The ability to be on top of the calculation as it being carried out step by step appeals to me as it results in more confidence in the final answer.
the switch from algebraic is a bit jarring however but i really like to learn RPN. Can you guys recommend me learning materials on how to learn and master RPN. books or articles in particular would be more helpful for me as i find youtube videos not thorough enough or short and meant to explain in a specific professional application rather than general use.

thanks in advance.

Here is a great collection of the individual HP Training Aids for the HP 35s, combined together in a 290-page PDF file.

http://sliderule.mraiow.com/w/images/0/0...g_Aids.pdf

Thanks a lot Steve.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introduction and RPN calculator advice - Rafa - 05-30-2024 06:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)