Financial HP Calculator: Amortisation with Payments at begin of period
06-06-2024, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2024 01:42 PM by Gil.)
RE: Financial HP Calculator: Amortisation with Payments at begin of period
Thanks, Werner, for your reply.

I saw that unexpected — but understandable — issue when checking the given results by the HP50G with my own complete TVM-Growth-Amortisation program that includes the possibility of C/Yr ≠ P/R and Payment-Growth≠0.

By the way, how do handle your different calculators models the case of rounding each intermediate result to the cent (2 RND)?

The HP50G, with its own built-in program, looks if 2 (3, 4, etc.) FIX was set and then execute "2 RND".

As far as I am concerned, when amortising at the very beginning for the first time, I decided to allocate, on stack level 2, once a value of 1 (for rounding) or 0 (exact, no rounding) to a variable called rd just before entering, on level 1, the wished number of payments to be amortised the first time; then, the 2nd group, the 3rd group, etc. of amortising payments don't require the above setting on level 2, but just on level 1 the required new payments to be amortised.

Then, for each intermediary result — new p, new int — , if variable rd = 1, then the program executes 2 RND.

The option would be not to test anything,
but executing the 2 commands in a row —>STR OBJ—>,
having set previously (or not for no rounding) the mode 2 FIX to see the rounding effects.

I don't know which solution is the most appropriate: the latter one from the built-in convention calculator program, or the one obliging you to enter once, in level 2, if rounded results are wished or not.

Commentaries about the above welcome.

Regards,
Gil
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Financial HP Calculator: Amortisation with Payments at begin of period - Gil - 06-06-2024 01:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)