Convert Foster Netowrk to Cauer
06-06-2024, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2024 09:59 PM by carey.)
RE: Convert Foster Netowrk to Cauer
(06-06-2024 05:27 PM)hp-zl Wrote:  @Carey

Take a deep breath and relax.

Recognize that, as of today, intelligence is only human.
Yes, there are databases and search algorithms (even very effective ones), but this cannot be called intelligence.

The fact that a certain group of people, for obvious purposes, started spreading the word: Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, etc. - It does not mean anything.
Next, it's just an effective database search.

This is best evidenced by the algorithm you attached, which can be summarized as follows:
"Subtract until the result is less than the second number."

Even an average programming enthusiast will come to the conclusion that this algorithm is poor.
And it won't help to ensure that subtracting threes 333333 times took 818 ms - perhaps even on the newest computer (you're writing about an emulator, not a physical calculator).
(I wonder how long it would take you for the numbers 1000000 and 1).

It is also irrelevant that the above-mentioned the algorithm was found in the database within a millisecond (sic!).

The important thing is that this algorithm is futile.

You could say:
All this artificial intelligence is worth as much as your algorithm.

Remember:
for now intelligence is only human.

Yours faithfully.

PS.
I know it's hard to convince the convinced.

This isn't a general debate about AI, machine vs human intelligence, etc., etc., (which would belong in a different forum) and by fixating on this quick simplistic algorithm generated in the blink of an eye you create a strawman argument that misses the point. One can generate in seconds hundreds of AI-generated algorithms of varying complexity just by prompting for them — this one was not prompted for level of complexity. But I do agree with your last line :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Convert Foster Netowrk to Cauer - KeithB - 06-03-2024, 01:48 PM
RE: Convert Foster Netowrk to Cauer - carey - 06-06-2024 05:49 PM
RE: Convert Foster Netowrk to Cauer - jte - 06-07-2024, 03:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)