Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator.
06-10-2024, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2024 03:14 PM by Rafa.)
RE: Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator.
(06-10-2024 01:56 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  I have a 27S with recessed bezel, with S/N 3224S04180, and I definitely do find this display configuration/design to be easier to read than the original, flush style.

hmmm, there was one with recessed bezel on ebay but i was a bit tardy to accept a price proposal so it was gone, i did however get one with a flush bezel. Ah well, i guess it will be ok. I wanted an algebraic calculator to use at school in place of the 20s. The memory of the 20s allows for one program and this gets erased when loading any of the built-in six programs!

I thought of the 42s but this fetches 3 to 4 times the price of a 27s and from what i could gather, it would be an overkill for me in terms of capabilities as i won't be needing them. An algebraic step up from the 20s is what i needed. Algebraic because in my class we reach for each other's calculators all the time and i would be exiled if i a bring an RPN calculator!

Do you like the 27s, and how do you rate it in general? it seems to me like it's trying to bridge the models from the lower and higher end of the pioneer series.

For whatever reason, it's near nonexistent in Europe, every 27s on offer i found on was from the US and they were getting sold fairly quick. Like not so quick that it would be snatched in a Blitzkrieg auction but it also wouldn't be ignored for too long once the price comes down to between 50 and 75 USD. i paid 55 USD. Did you get your for similar price?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator. - Rafa - 06-10-2024 02:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 65 Guest(s)