Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator.
06-11-2024, 01:56 PM
RE: Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator.
(06-11-2024 02:00 AM)Allen Wrote:  On the contrary, watching non-RPN users try to find the EQUALS key on my HP-3X or 4X calculator has been one of my greatest joys of doing math with other people. It gives me a chance to talk about the wander, mystery and efficiency of post-fix notation and all the many reasons it's superior. Smile

yeah that can be amusing, unfortunately very few were at all intrigued by the 35s in my class. People here go through every school stage being told exactly which calculator to buy, and sometimes the teacher even make the purchase for them. So i guess the relation with these devices tends to be utilitarian and joyless. up to 25 people using the exact same casio make the calculator a thing that you just fish out of your backpack and not a faithful companion through school and uni. No body bothers marking their casios, these get switched around like crazy, my hp 20s is the black sheep, the teacher calls it "der Gurkenrechner" alluding to its age, everyone knows who it belongs to. even the deriding nickname is better than the no name casios : )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator. - Rafa - 06-11-2024 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 60 Guest(s)