Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator.
06-12-2024, 06:22 PM
RE: Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator.
(06-12-2024 04:41 PM)bxparks Wrote:  The 27S is an algebraic calculator that's 35 years old. Besides nostalgia, I'm curious why someone would prefer the 27S over a modern algebraic calculator, for example, the Casio fx-9750GIII, which now sells for about $30 new. The 9750GIII handles everything that the 27S does, plus far more:

I can understanding paying a little extra for an RPN scientific calculator, since those are no longer made. But a 35-year old algebraic calculator doesn't make sense to me.

That's a valid point of view and a valid question, but i don't have the type of answer that would bridge a pure utilitarian stand with mine.
The Bic ballpoint does everything a ballpoint pen is meant to do, but some people would still be willing to pay 100 folds the price of a Bic for a pen that feels good in the hand, glides smoothly, has the right weight, and overall gives the user a subtle joy to use.
One is subtly happy at every opportunity to write. The quality of both pens don't impact their direct utility but it does have an effect on the user.
I don't like toyish and flimsy feel of an utilitarian calculator even though it's very capable and that's one reason i would still be happily willing to pay for an old, even algebraic, hp calculator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator. - Rafa - 06-12-2024 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 58 Guest(s)