Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator.
06-13-2024, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2024 01:17 AM by bxparks.)
RE: Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator.
(06-12-2024 07:11 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  The fx-9750GIII (and most all Casio graphers) are lousy at storing a library of equations, particularly if you want descriptive, multi-character variable names. The fx-5800P is a bit better at it, but you can only save equations with two-character variable names, and those can only be evaluated - if you want to run them through the numeric solver, you can only use the basic A-Z variables. The older fx-4850P also only lets you use single-letter variables, but you can at least give them descriptive labels that display when you select them with the cursor. Of course, it's nearly impossible to find an fx-4850P...

Also, none of the Casios can be used as an alarm clock. Smile

I got my first Casio calculator (the 9750GIII) only 5 months ago, and I haven't had much time to play around with it, so I know very little about its programming and equation capabilities. If Casio BASIC is limited in that manner, I wonder if MycroPython supports longer variable names.

But it's funny to read a complaint about program readability with the Casios and single-variable names, on this site, where people post RPL programs which look no different than modem-noise gibberish to me. Even the RPN programs. I've written my share of them. I cannot read my own RPN programs after 2 months.

Calculators with alarm clocks, I knew I was missing something in my life. :-) In truth, I don't even wear a watch anymore. The mobile phone has completely taken over that functionality.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator. - bxparks - 06-13-2024 01:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 48 Guest(s)