Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator.
06-13-2024, 02:42 AM
RE: Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator.
(06-13-2024 02:24 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  It would appear you don't care for the feel of great keyboards, but no offense meant by that, just an observation. Also, by virtue of being a member here, one's built-in bias towards an HP-made machine can't be ignored.

Also, I'd generally prefer to drive a 2024 car, but there is still something awfully appealing about driving a '68 Camaro RS. Bumpy, smelly, poor gas mileage, manual everything. But I'd still pick the Camaro.

It's not black and white. Also the passage of time seems to have changed the priorities. I used to care more about the keyboard. But my eyes have gotten old, so now I care more about the display. I'll tolerate a bit of mushy buttons, if they don't bounce. What good are buttons that feel great but don't debounce properly (HP-15C CE). I find the old Pioneer series LCD to be pretty bad compared to modern LCDs. I also care about packing lots of interesting math functions into tiny little calculators. It's a complicated optimization problem.

Heh, I love driving a stick, but wouldn't be caught dead in a Camaro or a Corvette. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flush and recessed displays of hp 27s calculator. - bxparks - 06-13-2024 02:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 62 Guest(s)