ONYX Boox Palma e-ink w/ Plus42...
06-20-2024, 09:26 PM
RE: ONYX Boox Palma e-ink w/ Plus42...
(03-05-2024 09:04 AM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Hello!

(03-05-2024 12:18 AM)KF6GPE Wrote:  Just throwing that out there for people who use HPs and Kindles --- this looks like a good combination.

Looks good! But for that money I would rather buy a real HP-42S plus a real Kindle and still have money left for a nice restaurant visit with my wife...
But I would not be surprised if we see similar devices appear on platforms like Aliexpress in the near future for less than 100$/Euro.

Regards
Max

NB: I bought a Kindle on eBay years ago for 10 Euros, not because I wanted a Kindle but because that was the cheapest way to get an e-Paper display for a project. But then I actually found the Kindle very useful and have been using it since for it's intended purpuse. The most impressive feature is the battery life - I need to recharge ir only three or four times per year.

Just a small counterpoint: the Palma is very different to hold compared to a Kindle. It is also much lighter than most phones. It is very comfortable to use one-handed, with your wrapped fingers hitting the page turn button if you wish. With one of those page-turning rings, you don't even have to do that. As a plus, you can run many different book apps, calculator emulators, etc. The emulators are usually faster than the real calculators, too. I'm running 42, 48, and Prime emulators on mine - though admittedly less than on my phone and tablet since I'm usually using those when I want to play.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ONYX Boox Palma e-ink w/ Plus42... - DavZell - 06-20-2024 09:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)