HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008
07-12-2024, 02:11 PM
RE: HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008
(07-12-2024 11:46 AM)8031Brown Wrote:  
(07-12-2024 01:33 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  He doesn't want the developers to spend a lot of time debugging Python on the Prime because he doesn't use it. To hell with the rest of us, I guess.

Correct in the first part. But I wouldn't exactly say to hell with anyone. It also occurs to me that if someone bought an HP Prime recently enough, after the Python app became available then they might argue that it is important. But that wasn't the case for me.

There are lots of options out there for Python fans. Not so many without. I think all the top-tier calculators come with Python which is why I chose the Prime as an alternative.

I still think the Prime is a marvellous calculator/hand-held computer.

Back when I chose the HP Prime, Python on calculators was rare - I wanted a portable platform for coding, and PPL was good enough. The actual device wasn't in the shops, so I went with the Android emulator - which had the advantage of always available, and code could be cut-and-pasted online without worrying about cables/wifi for connectivity.

Since then, it's availability has slowly withered away: You needed to be online, or it crashed; you needed an old android, or it didn't exist; and the emulator still lacks Python, which is now available on several other calculators.

In the meantime, Numworks simply works (although keydown is dreadful).

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008 - StephenG1CMZ - 07-12-2024 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 81 Guest(s)