HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008
07-19-2024, 09:36 AM
RE: HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008
(07-18-2024 05:11 PM)Tyann Wrote:  Bonjour
Python sur Hp Prime a 2 facettes [...]

Entièrement d'accord.

J'ai reçu la une bonne partie de mon enseignement secondaire (et supérieur) en France, ce qui me donne un avantage par rapport aux autres ici : je connais bien le système scolaire de ce pays.

En effet, le python est le langage préféré dans l'enseignmenent en France, et la HP Prime cherche à pénétrer le marché de l'enseighnement plutôt que les professionels/ingénieurs. Il est donc logique que la HP Prime "parle" le python pour faciliter l'accès au marché français sans pour autant l'exclure d'autres marchés.

Sa présence ne gène pas le fonctionnement des autres applis préinstallées. On peut simplement l'ignorer si on ne s'en sert pas (c'est mon cas, par exemple).

------------------

Agreed 100%.

Most of my secondary (and higher) education took place in France, which gives me an advantage over others here in that I know the education system of that country.

Python is indeed the language of choice in the French education system(*) and HP is aiming at the student market with the Prime. It is therefore logical that the Prime should "speak" python if it wants to get a foot in the door over there without excluding it from other markets.

The python app doesn't get in the way of others that are bundled with the Prime. You can safely ignore it if you don't use it (I do!).

(*) - many years ago there was a project initiated probably by the Académie Française to standardise a language called "LSE" (Langage Spécial pour l'Éducation) that looked like Pascal with keywords translated into French. It was an abomination that never took off.

Current daily drivers: HP-41CL, HP-15C, HP-16C
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008 - RPNerd - 07-19-2024 09:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)