Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
07-19-2024, 12:38 PM
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
I finally managed to collect all the IC cards from the western 8-series:

[Image: align]]

Most of these cards were released in both the US & rest of the Western countries (and, thus, are available as both OZ and IQ variants). However, there are some exclusions:
- IQ-870 skipped the US release. According to rprosperi, due to the small amount of RAM
- IQ-8B04M was a multi-lingual (European) release of OZ/IQ-8B01, but I already covered this card before
- I’ve never seen the OZ version of the 8C02 card, neither in the catalogs nor in the wild. Therefore, I assume it was never released in the US
- The IQ-version of the 8D01 card is called “English Dictionary,” and its contents may differ from the OZ-8D01 “American English Dictionary” (I don’t have the IQ variant to compare them)
- (OZ)/IQ-8B05 ”Form Manager (128Kb)” was in development for some time, but apparently, its release was canceled. The card is only mentioned in the 1993/1994 catalog (see the screenshot below), but it’s not reflected in the 1994/1995 catalog.
- The sequence of the 8C0(n) has missing 8C03. I assume the planned release of another card was ultimately scrapped here

[Image: IMG-4329.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - Akuji - 07-19-2024 12:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)