Comparing Android apps for the hp15c
07-31-2024, 09:15 AM
RE: Comparing Android apps for the hp15c
Hi Radim, thanks for replying and your list of potential updates look like they will cover most of what I was looking for.

Just to clarify my list as you noted:

1. Trim and stretch.... Most phones are not as wide as the real calc. Touch RPN can not only suppress the phone into (battery, wifi etc) but can also trim the calculator image to delete the top and bottom bezels. So it removes everything above the LCD, and everything below the lower edge of the lowest buttons. Then the main area can grow a bit more so that the LCD size and button spacing is nearer to real.

2. Program code text output. This should ideally be line number, then the numerical key code that you see and then the name of the key eg 100 15 1/x for a line to do a reciprocal. Text copied to the Clipboard seems easy to deal with, then it can be pasted into any other app to save in other forms., and format it any way.

3. Save states.... just to save a file with the full state of the calculator, given a name. That way we can save a working set of inputs and programs and go back to it if further editting corrupts the program by accident. Or, we could save a state which is full of several programs for a particular purpose, eg electronics, and then swap to another which we have set up with finance calcs.

4 Graphics... yes I really like the current graphics which seems almost photo-realistic and if you offer some colour editing it will be perfect. My suggestion was a bit more LCD brightness in the grey background. I also like to boost the f colour to make it a brighter orange-yellow, as you did on the real hp15-CE.

If changing to an actual photo, need to be very careful with shadows and flare, and make the fine text is sharp.

5. Connectivity to the real calc, via pc. That would be great! I guess it'd need to write and read a file in the same format as the new Voyagersave, and decide how best to send it. I think it would be fine if it was always going through the pc, to avoid needing to solve a direct phone to calc interface.

thanks for considering!
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparing Android apps for the hp15c - Johnh - 07-31-2024 09:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)