HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008
08-04-2024, 04:26 PM
RE: HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008
(07-22-2024 12:51 PM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  Please see the new updated version of the beta, version 1504: https://www.moravia-parts.com/hp-prime/beta-b.html

Python App
- - - - - -

Thanks for the update, specifically on Python. As I had been ranting about Python on Prime at the last HHUC I feel compelled to give a first impression of my cursory checks.

When I published my program Lindenmayer Fractals I gave a strong warning, that this program could wipe your Prime's memory. "Clearing Memory ... success". I guess the memory got corrupted by Python.

Now, I loaded this program again and did some testing in those areas I experienced the problems mostly. That is alternating between running the program and doing some editing, again and again. Doing this, very frequently resulted in crashes and eventually in memory loss.

For over half an hour intensive hammering, there was NO crash at all. Only once in the beginning I had a freeze but a reset solved it and it didn't occur again.

Seems some thing with memory organization in Python has been done. GREAT

I'll continue torturing Python ...

Again, thanks for the update. Now I'm waiting for further improvements.

Günter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime Beta Firmware Version 2.2 Revision 15008 - Guenter Schink - 08-04-2024 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 86 Guest(s)