most modern design for an HP41 rom module?
08-09-2024, 08:47 AM
RE: most modern design for an HP41 rom module?
(08-03-2024 10:17 PM)John Ioannidis Wrote:  what is the most recent design for a board that plugs into one of the ports and emulates an arbitrary number of ROMs (subject to address space availability, of course). I had built such a thing based on a PIC about 25 years ago; it was wire-wrapped and definitely not portable. Bonus points if it can understand the low-power states and stop drawing too much power when not in use.

Thanks!

/ji

Hello,

from my point of view, most definitely NoV-64D and one or two of the other modules from Diego Diaz. They are, to my knowledge, the only ones with flash memory. For me, this is a big plus. You can transfer your own user programs to another 41c and they are permanent (meaning if your battery goes dead, they're still available) in the flash. I'm sure, I do not know all modules, but apart from exotic ones (of which many are not made anymore), Diego's modules are the only ones that can do that. Also, even Diego's high end module NoV-64D is cheaper than many exotic original modules, like PPC, HEPAX (which itself also only has volatile SRAM memory BTW) etc. Of the original modules, only the X-FUNCTIONS can transfer your own user programs to another 41, but you have to be very quick (switch module within seconds).

emefff.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: most modern design for an HP41 rom module? - emefff - 08-09-2024 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)