HP 12c Platinum 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Hardwood Box Set
08-20-2024, 11:03 PM
RE: HP 12c Platinum 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Hardwood Box Set
(08-20-2024 08:59 PM)dm319 Wrote:  
(10-13-2023 04:37 AM)kmidson Wrote:  This display box looks similar to one that i've had for years:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/keithmidso...586986282/

Wow interesting collection and great photographs! I'd be curious if any of them display different behaviour in solving these TVM problems. So far the HP-12c and emulator seem to give the same result, HP-12c platinum is a step up in accuracy, and there may be a brazillian HP-12c which behaves completely differently. Would be curious to see if there are any other variants to its algorithms.

You find that all 12C's (not including and Platinum flavors) all produce identical results, which is one of the top priority goals HP has sought with all versions since the late 80's when it becaem the de facto calculator for the home finance and related industries. To this day, there are home loan contracts which cite payment rates and other numbers "... as determined by an HP-12C...", so they're smart to never mess with that.

The HP-12CP Prestige was manufactured in, and officially was sold only in Brazil, and though it has a slightly different color bezel, it is a 12CP on the inside and behaves identically to the 2nd gen of 12CP's (after they added UNDO and [<-]). I've heard claims that it was also sold in other South American countries, but no one has ever provided evidence, though I suspect a few grey market units made there way into other markets.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 12c Platinum 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Hardwood Box Set - rprosperi - 08-20-2024 11:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)