Creating "missing" program card
08-21-2024, 08:07 AM
RE: Creating "missing" program card
Assuming the *.hpp card files are the same format I use, and if you can write such a MAC program, I have the card file formats and protocol to read/write card data to the CPU boards for the 65, 67 and 97. This protocol is unlikely to change in the future.

The card files will have to be loaded/saved/processed by this program which also has to provide access to a serial port for data transfers. The port can be hard wired via an FTDI USB - Serial convertor module direct to the CPU board, or via the MAC's Bluetooth channel once it is paired with the CPU board.

If you did proceed, I would recommend using the FTDI module, they are only a few $ on the web. It will be faster for code development, and it also powers the CPU board when removed from the calculator.

I can't remember exactly, but I think someone already did this, maybe it was for Linux.

Care must be exercised when sending data to the CPU board. It's unlikely, but erroneous data may cause the CPU operating system to be corrupted - fixable by a full re-flash.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Creating "missing" program card - jgbackes - 08-21-2024, 06:45 AM
RE: Creating "missing" program card - teenix - 08-21-2024 08:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)