HP 12c Platinum 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Hardwood Box Set
08-21-2024, 11:04 PM
RE: HP 12c Platinum 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Hardwood Box Set
(08-21-2024 09:57 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Unrelated to that, many (many!) people contacted HP technical support over the years about the radix switching 'problem' and in pretty much all cases it was from not following the instructions (which IMHO are pretty clear)

If you have a look on the reddit thread above, the person says that they can change the radix on another hp-12c.

If this is a fake, and I agree could well be, you must admit it looks pretty good.

Another weird thing is you can find people complaining about exactly the same thing about a product bought from the official HP brazil store here. Have a look at this review (again translated):

"It's already the fourth calculator I buy and comes with a defect. All came c/defecation "Error 7" in the IRR calculation and does not change the comma score. Even the guarantee could not solve. I would like HP to contact me, for who knows we can solve the situation and I have a calculator that really works. I am deeply disappointed, unfortunately!"

Is this a fake so good it is being sold on official channels? Even if it is a fake, it seems like a lot of people have bought it assuming it is the real thing. I know we all believe that no brand would tarnish the reputation of the venerable HP-12c, but what if it happened inadvertently? A factory in china accidentally flashed on the wrong ROM. Or a calculator got commisioned based purely on technical requirements and wasn't thoroughly tested.

This has made me very tempted to try to get hold of one of these now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 12c Platinum 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Hardwood Box Set - dm319 - 08-21-2024 11:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)