HP 12c Platinum 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Hardwood Box Set
08-22-2024, 07:41 PM
RE: HP 12c Platinum 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Hardwood Box Set
(08-22-2024 11:37 AM)AnnoyedOne Wrote:  Or defective CPU/ROM parts (i.e. chips).

It seems like a re-implementation to me. Take this TVM problem from Dieter:

N: 10
i: ?
PV: 50
PMT: -30
FV: 400
P/YR: 1
end-mode

There isn't a single HP financial calculator that can return an interest rate on this.

Except for this HP-12c 'brazil/comma' version.

(08-22-2024 11:37 AM)AnnoyedOne Wrote:  Personally I view products made in China as suspect.

That would apply to many new HP-12cs though?

(08-22-2024 11:37 AM)AnnoyedOne Wrote:  It is possible that a manufacturer/distributor receives fake product that looks genuine.

I wonder about this, but I also wonder why.

(08-22-2024 11:37 AM)AnnoyedOne Wrote:  I'm surprised that newer HP-12C and HP-15C firmware images are seemingly "in the clear".

Exactly - it's not hard to get a copy of the HP-12C firmware - so if you're faking it anyway, why not use that?

(08-22-2024 11:56 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  I have both an open, used Prestige and this exact same unopened Prestige package. It's definitely original, authorized by HP, etc. and not a clone/knock-off.

Bob, I'm not referring to the Prestige. This a gold HP-12c sold in Brazil. Someone previously pointed out the taller '%' symbol suggesting it may be fake - however, I've attached a picture from the official HP Brazil website.

The picture also matches the image that people have posted in their reviews. Most people are happy with the product, but there is certainly a recurrent theme of people who have noticed some functions aren't working. It's only when you really push the TVM problems that you find it falls very short of the ability of regular HP financial calculators at times (on other occasions exceeding it).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 12c Platinum 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Hardwood Box Set - dm319 - 08-22-2024 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)