N-Queens results on Casio calculators
08-24-2024, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2024 06:23 PM by Hlib.)
RE: N-Queens results on Casio calculators
@ Xerxes
Quote:... Please allow me to leave the test code of these calculators unchanged, because that would mean that we have to do the same or similar changes of the algorithm for comparability on other machines too.
The test algorithm is deliberately chosen to be very simple, to be executable on almost all programmable calculators in the same or as similar as possible way. ...
You misunderstood me.
When I said "is not suitable", it only meant the fact that structured code shows a lower speed in CBASIC and in FX-9750G+(CFX-9850GB+ etc.) than unstructured code.
In fact, the new (and fastest) structured program fixes the compatibility issue that is present in the old benchmark for FX-2.0+, FX-9860G, FX-9860GII, FX-CG50. The old structured code does not run in FX-9750G+(CFX-9850GB+ etc.) and causes the message Syntax ERROR because nested structures While do not work in these models.
Now the new program runs fine in FX-9750G+ (CFX-9850GB+ etc.) and does not cause an error message.
Also, the above-corrected unstructured code is still executed on the models for which it was intended, and even the calculation time remains the same. The old code with kludge Deg or Rad looks a bit inelegant.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: N-Queens results on Casio calculators - Hlib - 08-24-2024 06:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)