HP-12c 'comma' variant (?brazil)
08-25-2024, 10:31 PM
RE: HP-12c 'comma' variant (?brazil)
One thing to keep in mind about customer complaints that a unit is bad, is that the Owner's Handbook still includes the original Voyager Self-Test instructions in Appendix E, and they do not work correctly on a 12C with Nut emulation. Why HP chose to leave these now incorrect instructions in the manual is not clear (whoever was in charge of the manual was probably clueless as he/she was told that it 'works just like the original'). My point being that customer complaints that a unit is bad simply because of failing these self-test steps are invalid.

Did anyone post which steps/sequence leads to the Error 7 on IRR and NPV ?

Without a specific test problem that leads to this, a series of customer complaints that they're all having this issue sounds non-legit to me, sounds more like people jumping on a bandwagon trying to get a replacement unit, for whatever reasons.

Also HP in Brazil no longer manufactures these, all mfg. is coordinated by Moravia, and then sold to Brazil dealers or distributors by Royal (HP's Licensee for the Americas sales markets) so any recent units legit dealers are selling are those w/o the "Hewlett Packard" legend, and made in Philippines.

I seriously doubt these units are Platinums with non-Platinum markings as the Platinum units use an LCD with notably different shapes and style.

For current units the rear plate on the 12C is brown and the 12CP is silver (which btw, is opposite of the early Platinums which had a silver face and black plate).

All that said, I have a 12C from recent production and it does not have the tall percent sign, it has a percent symbol that is similar to the one on the keys to its left, so perhaps there is an imposter source out there, pushing 12C work-alikes into the Brazil market.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-12c 'comma' variant (?brazil) - dm319 - 06-28-2024, 09:28 AM
RE: HP-12c 'comma' variant (?brazil) - rprosperi - 08-25-2024 10:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)