Can the spreadsheet salvage the 991CW
08-28-2024, 02:50 PM
RE: Can the spreadsheet salvage the 991CW
Just kicking up this old thread with my anecdotal evidence to date:

I find that the spreadsheet is the main reason I tend to grab one of my CWs much more often than my EXes (I've got three of each). I'm very often working problems where I need to compare data and do calculations in a tabular format or otherwise see the values of multiple inputs and intermediate results (comparing pricing of different options, performance and size differences of various database configs, etc.), and the spreadsheet improvements on the CW make it far more pleasant for this task. In particular, it's faster and more responsive, the page-up/down keys make it quicker to get around and review lengthier data, data is retained if I go back to the main Calculate mode, and auto-power-off being set to 60 minutes means I don't have to worry that my work will disappear if I don't look at the calculator for a mere 10 minutes.

Conversely, I almost never use the multi-statement feature on the EX. There are still some things I occasionally do that are more convenient on an EX, like if I need to do a whole bunch of binary/hex conversions or unit conversions, but typically I reach for the CW by default (and when I do, there's a good chance I'll be doing something in the spreadsheet). If these calculators didn't have a spreadsheet mode, I would likely stick with the EX on account of the oft-repeated reasons involving use of menus.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the spreadsheet salvage the 991CW - Dave Britten - 08-28-2024 02:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)