The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

HP12C 'Forum P.C' and James Briggs
08-30-2024, 12:13 AM
HP12C 'Forum P.C' and James Briggs
Hi all,
It's been a while since I posted a new thread here. I have a modest HP collection that has been well documented here over the years. In 2009 I acquired a HP12C with "FORUM P.C. LES 10 CHAMPIONS Villard-de-Lans France Avril 1986" written next to the 12C logo. I purchased it from a seller in the UK who didn't know the history of the 12C. I haven't been able to find anything out through online searches either. Photo attached.
I sold the 12C to a collector in USA in around 2012. A few weeks ago a 12C with the same text came up on ebay and I snapped it up. Turns out it's the same calculator - serial number matches. So I asked for the history and it was acquired in an estate.
I have a couple of questions here for the forum:
1. Did anyone know James Briggs? He was a big collector of HP's but I don't think he was active on this forum. I would like to contact his family and pass on my condolences, but haven't been able to find anything in my searches.
2. Does anyone know anything about the history of the 12C? Forum PC? Villard-de-Lans is a small region in the southeast Alps of France. Who were the "10 Champions"? Long shot, but you never know ...
Cheers,
Keith

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP12C 'Forum P.C' and James Briggs - Keith Midson - 08-30-2024 12:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)