HP12C 'Forum P.C' and James Briggs
08-31-2024, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2024 07:27 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: HP12C 'Forum P.C' and James Briggs
Hello,

(08-31-2024 06:24 PM)HPing Wrote:  Even if you find articles, there might be photos stored on microfiche!

When you look at the link posted by J.F.Garnier above you can see that dozens or even hundreds of french computer and games magazines have been digitised and are freely available on the internet. Unfortunately they are not OCRd, so one has to really browse through every single page (they are archived as one pdf file for every page and some of the magazines have over 200 pages per copy :-( clearly a job for someone who is doing his ph.d. in early computer history).

I looked into five of these magazines, of each the volumes of january, february and march 1986, if I could find an announcement of this venue. Both in the text part and the advertisements. And I looked into the may issue to see if there is an article about the PC forum held in April. Nothing. BTW: The French Wikipedia article on Villard-le-Lans is incredible. I wouldn‘t have thought that so much could be researched and written about a village of less than 5000 inhabitants.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP12C 'Forum P.C' and James Briggs - Maximilian Hohmann - 08-31-2024 07:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)