EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) Sun Flares and HP's
09-14-2024, 06:09 PM
RE: EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) Sun Flares and HP's
I'm going a bit out on a limb here...
But, I recently read (somewhere) that items that are not plugged in to the wall, are more immune.
It will be the power lines that will absorb a lot of Electro-Magnetic radiation and pass it down.
Depending on the strength of the pulse, motors and transformers may not be affected either.
But an electronic device plugged into the grid could get zapped by the pulse coming down the line.
If anyone is worried about their HP calculator collection (Collection? No, we don't collect, we need all of the ones we have for various purposes! B^) ) they could store them in a metal container, and seal the opening with metal adhesive tape. I have a couple of metal garbage cans (remember those?) lined inside with corrugated cardboard (to keep the contents from touching the metal sides) where I keep some spare electronics (e.g. DVD/VHS players, ham radios, power supplies, voltmeters, integrated circuits; etc.) in case the "balloon goes up!".

Our house also has a Siemens arrestor across where the power line enters the house.
https://gagthesurge.com/siemens-fs140-review/

One could even store small electronics in the small metal cans that Christmas cookies or fruitcakes come in.

10B, 10BII, 12C, 14B, 15C, 16C, 17B, 18C, 19BII, 20b, 22, 29C, 35, 38G, 39G, 41CV, 48G, 97
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) Sun Flares and HP's - Ren - 09-14-2024 06:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)